Accounts Payable Specialist
New Jersey, United States & Remote
Are you someone with a passion for success and innovation?
Are you interested in joining a team of ROCKSTARS?
If you are an AMAZING professional who loves doing good for other people while making money doing it! Celsius welcomes you to apply so that we can start helping others on their path of economic freedom!
Who are we really?
Celsius addresses the financial needs of today’s consumers worldwide through a democratized interest income and lending platform accessible via a mobile app. With a mission to put unparalleled economic freedom in the hands of the people, and a core belief that financial services should only do what is in the best interests of the community, Celsius is a modern platform where membership provides access to curated financial services that are not available through traditional financial institutions.
Why become a Celsian?
The Celsius team is committed to doing good and doing well. We believe in the power of disruption and the importance of decentralization to create a new system that acts in the best interest of everyone. Each member of our team brings something unique and innovative to the table, but the common thread that links us together is our passion for blockchain, equality, and leading the next financial revolution that changes the equation to bring power back to the people.
Position: Accounts Payable Specialist – New Jersey
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be working in the Accounting Department and report
directly to the Senior Accountant. The role of the Accounts Payable Specialist will be to oversee
the management of all the financial processes related to the paying of the invoices and expenses
of the firm in an accurate and timely fashion. In addition to this, the position requires that one
safeguard the firm by adhering to all of the policies and procedures of the company acting in a
fiduciary manner. As part of this, the individual will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of
an organization's financial documents for payment, auditing and tax purposes.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will manage the outgoing payments and cash flow of the firm to ensure they pay creditors on time and assist in managing the overall financial records. As outlined below the following tasks are some of the key responsibilities of the role;
- Document and report preparation
- Payment processing and management
- Record keeping and bookkeeping (general ledger and supporting documentation)
- Tax and auditing preparation
Daily tasks and duties of the role may include, but not limited to, the duties that encompass the financial management of a company's expenses are as follows;
- Processing incoming payments and accounts and ensuring compliance with financial regulations and
- Preparing bills, invoices and bank deposits and organizing and filing transaction documents
- Evaluating reports and verifying discrepancies to resolve client billing issues and to finalize client payments
- Generating financial reports and statements that detail the status of accounts payable
- Preparing and processing electronic payments, transfers and financial transactions
- Entering and uploading transaction reports and invoices into company databases
- Sorting, coding, matching and filing invoices, expense reports and complete and incomplete transactions
- Organizing and maintaining vendor files and corresponding with vendors
- Maintaining accurate records and providing documentation for auditing and tax reporting purposes
Additional desired skills/experience
Candidates should have at least two years of accounts payable experience encompassing the requirementsoutlined above and a good understanding of the financial statements and journaling of a firm’s books and records.Also an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field is required.
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Teamwork skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Technical knowledge
- Accounting and math skills
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Unlimited time off policy
- Additional compensation in the form of the CEL token
- Participation in the Employee Stock Option Plan
- Flexible working hours upon coordination with trading team
- Additional benefits to be instituted as the New Jersey team grows
Celsius is currently operating fully remotely while navigating COVID-19 guidelines, however,
Celsius has offices in Hoboken, New York City, London and Tel Aviv and employs remote
employees based in cities all around the world. This position is open to all qualified applicants in
New Jersey as we build our presence globally.